Spirulina Smoothie Bowl

I've spoken before about my love of spirulina, the weird green algae that seems to provide me with limitless amounts of pep.  Honestly I don't know what I did before I discovered it, but since I have it goes into pretty much every breakfast option I have: chia seed, oats, smoothies, juices the works. Recently I've been loving it in this smoothie bowl which is my current favourite weekend breakfast (its not quite as quick to make as my oats or standard smoothies). Its super thick, creamy and delicious. If your a fan of banana soft serve think of this as a more nutrient packed version!




Ingredients (makes one greedy serving)

1 Medium very ripe banana Banana
120g Strawberries
2 tbs Greek Yoghurt (I use Total 0%)
1-2 tsp Spirulina
1 cup of Water

Recipe  

I like to keep frozen bananas and strawberries on hand for emergency smoothie purposes but alternatively just pop in a few ice cubes to keep things chilled. Pop it all into the blender and whizz till smooth

Toppings 

My favourites are cocoa nibs, chia seeds, hemp, and fresh strawberries, but blueberries, coconut and bee pollen are all delicious - who I'm I to judge but whatever you like on it, and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment